Tucked away in the woods, surrounded by the majestic views of the Chugach Mountains of Valdez, or in downtown Valdez, Cabin accommodation is a haven from the fast city life where they come decorated with Alaskan decor, some with hot tubs and saunas, all with linen, and others within walking distance to the best fishing and dining experiences in Valdez, and some, well just relaxing on the porch listening to a running stream with the amazing views of snow-capped mountains is hard to take, and even harder is choosing which Cabins to stay in when visiting Valdez in the Summer and Fall each year.
So to help you, we’ve put together some helpful tips and options that can make your cabin life dream vacation come true in Valdez Alaska.
(Main Photo Credit: Bear Creek Cabins & RV Park – Valdez KOA Campground)
Make your Cabin Reservation at Valdez KOA (previously Bear Creek Cabins & RV Park) the only KOA Campground in Alaska!
Planning Your Trip
Plan ahead to grab choice cabins and dates. (Book holidays a year in advance is always a great start.) Last minute may find some vacancies, but you will need to contact all operations.
Ways to save: Get more and pay less by sharing a cabin with family or friends. Visiting Alaska can be expensive so why not pool your cash and share accommodation. Most Cabins in Valdez have Twin Beds and you can ask for a foldable cot as well. Travelers have been known to survive and relive their childhood summer-camp fun memories but on an Alaskan scale.
For big groups: Planning a family reunion, wedding, or big-group trip? Book early, and book multiple cabins. Groups can be accommodated but you will need to ensure you are in communication with your Hosts in order to prepare for your groups arrival and stay.
What to pack, or we should say what “not” to pack: All Cabins come with Coffee and Tea services, some with microwave ovens, all have linen (towels, sheets, blankets etc.) All you need to pack is your clothing and personal items, if you are planning on fishing then pack your fishing gear (but you don’t have to if you are wanting a fishing charter adventure on your arrival as they carry it all) and most importantly – your adventurous spirit and your camera.
When you go: Try and arrive by check in time, but with so many distracting majestic views on your way to Valdez it is easy to be late. Contact your Host that you will be late, and they will make sure your cabin access will be available on your arrival.
Make your Cabin Reservation at Eagles Rest RV Park
Pick Your Perfect Cabin
Follow these easy steps to narrow down your options.
Step 1: Figure out what you want. Choose a category: Romantic Getaways; Families with Kids; Big Views; Large Groups; Fishing Adventure; Relaxation plus; or totally off the grid adventure.
Step 2: Pick a location. Each appeals to a different type of traveler. Determine your desired proximity to the buzz of downtown, or stay in the wilderness but still access to the many tours and attractions in Valdez.
Step 3: Book early. Cabins in Valdez almost always book out before each Summer, so contact businesses and get your booking locked in.
Make your Cabin Reservation at Robe Lake Lodge & Cabins
Escape the traffic, the tourist traps, and the crowds. After one stay, you’ll be hooked on Valdez. Here’s why.
• The setting: Sigh-worthy vistas, affordable prices, family attractions, best fishing in Alaska, abundance of hiking trails. There’s something for everyone.
• Why you’ll love cabins: Spread out, cook, and enjoy perks that please those seeking the relaxed vacation, or the adrenalin fishing trip. Cozy fireplaces, grilling outdoors, moonlit soaks in a hot tub–what’s not to love? Keep the conveniences of home (such as a washer and dryer – services available on site or in downtown), but add views that remind you you’re on the dream Alaskan vacation.
• The advantage: Cooking outdoors all the salmon or halibut you just caught that day. Meet other travelers around the fire pits and roast marshmallows or make s’mores. Share your cabin life adventures. Share Family time. Relax surrounded by the majestic Chugach Mountains.
• What you’ll find: Not your granny’s cabin. All Valdez Cabins are a good fit for those who are honeymooning right through to family reunions alike. Comfortable, affordable and relaxing.
• The average cabin: One to two bedrooms and some with kitchen services, with decor ranging from classic to authentic Alaskan Gold standards include fire pits outside your door, your own grills and access to satellite TV, and Internet access.
• The off the grid dry cabin: State Parks have cabins deep in the wilderness that will take up to 8 people. Extra work in packing and planning is going to be needed if this is the type of cabin life you yearn for.
Make your Cabin Reservation at Levitation 49
State Park Cabin Caretakers for Shoup Bay Cabins.